Leigh Quilty clearing under pressure from Bohs Robbie O\'Keefe.

Leigh Quilty clearing under pressure from Bohs Robbie O'Keefe.

Bohemians 1; Tramore 3
[View photos]
Bohemians lost their second game in a row at home when they crashed to Tramore in Ben Wadding Park on Wednesday. They went into the game three points behind the leaders Waterford Crystal but this was their game in hand of the pace setters.
Bohs had 28 points from 15 games compared to Crystal’s 31 points from 16 played. Having lost at the same venue to Villa two weeks previously their manager Clem Fanning was hoping his side would return to winning ways against a Tramore side who are hard to fathom out this season. Brilliant one week, poor the next, the Seasiders make predicting their results impossible.

Following this result, Bohemians can now look forward to an away game with Waterford Crystal this evening (Wednesday) and another chance to join the leaders. However, a victory for Crystal would see them crowned champions. A draw would keep the pot boiling for another little while.

Bohemians have yet to play St Saviour’s while Crystal are due to play Carrick United on Wednesday, April 30th. Wednesday’s game promises to be a real thriller.Falconer scores

Bohemians almost took the lead after only 2 minutes. Goalkeeper Stephen Gahan rolled the ball to his Tramore colleague Ian Nagle who in turn passed to Michael Kavanagh who was robbed by Stephen McLawrence but Gahan got back just in time to save the danger.

It was dangerous defending to say the least by the visitors. Tramore put together a good move on 14 minutes. Francis Rockett picked out Sean Browne who tried his luck from 15 yards but the home goalkeeper Andrew Halligan produced a fine save.

Shortly afterwards however Tramore did go in front when the Bohemians defence failed to pick up Gavin Falconer following a Leigh Quilty corner kick and the player who has been selected to play for Ireland against Malta at Under 18 level this week headed home.

Tramore continued to attack during the remainder of the first half and Ian Nagle went close with two free kicks before the half time cup of tea.Boland equaliser

Bohemians knew what was at stake and they came out fired up for the second half. Gerry Connors cut in from the left on 46 minutes and passed to Alan Quinlan who was just wide with his left foot and one minute later Morgan Pender took a pass from Gerry Connors and he was jut wide with his effort.

Alan Quinlan then tried his luck with a free from 20 yards. At the other end Gavin Falconer drilled the ball to Sean Browne who controlled the ball before shooting over the crossbar.

Bohemians did grab the equaliser on 69 minutes. Martin Whelan fouled Morgan Pender out on the left. Alan Quinlan took the free kick and at the far post John Boland was in the right place to head past Stephen Gahan.

Five minutes later Alan Quinlan set Gerry Connors free but he shot wide from 15 yards. The roof fell in on Bohemians on 77 minutes when Tramore regained the lead. John Boland fouled Gavin Falconer. Leigh Quilty took the free kick which was headed on by Robbie Phelan to Falconer and again he found the net with his head.

John Power who had just come on headed home a cross from Ian Ryan deep into injury time to completely rock the Bohemians team who now have it all to do. If they fail to win the league they will look back in anger at six points dropped at home in their last two games.

Bohemians: Andrew Halligan, Kevin Whittle, John Boland, Liam Maher, Matthew Billingham, Paul Walsh, Alan Quinlan, Robbie O’Keeffe, Stephen McLawrence, Morgan Pender, Gerry Connors. Subs: Stephen Walsh for O’Keeffe (h-t), Bobby Keoghan for McLawrence (66 mins), Gary Keane for Pender (75 mins).
Tramore: Stephen Gahan, Ian Nagle, Criag Maher, Martin Whelan, Francis Rockett, Ross Douglas, Sean Browne, Gavin Faulkner, Leigh Quilty, Robbie Phelan, Michael Kavanagh. Subs: Ian Stenson for Kavanagh (31 mins), Ian Ryan for Douglas (79 mins), John Power for Quilty (90 mins).
Referee: John Purcell.