Seaview Celtic\'s Eamon Murphy and Kilmac\'s Paul Keating. Photos: Jim O\'Sullivan

Seaview Celtic's Eamon Murphy and Kilmac's Paul Keating. Photos: Jim O'Sullivan

Kilmacthomas 5; Seaview Celtic 3 (AET)

Ben Wadding Park played host to a superb Property Partners Under 15B cup final on Friday night last as Kilmacthomas and Seaview Celtic scored eight goals between them after extra-time and this all came after a scoreless first half.

The game was due to be played on Wednesday but it had to be postponed because of the torrential rain. The 48-hour delay was worth the wait however as both sides played out an eight goal cracker. It was one of those games which neither side deserved to lose but alas someone has to bend the knee at the end of the day and on this occasion it was the team from lovely Annestown.


It was Kilmacthomas that got the breakthrough on 53 minutes when Eoin Walsh played a fine ball to Kealon Kiersey, who controlled the ball superbly and he gave keeper Breheny no chance whatsoever with a stunning right-footed effort from 30 yards that found the net with the aid of the crossbar.

However, it wasn’t long before Seaview were back on level terms, seven minutes to be exact, when Sean O’Farrell-Power whipped in a corner kick from the right that found the head of Joe Kett and the youngster powered a header past the helpless Dylan Power.

Kealon Kiersey had his side back in front on 67 minutes when he rose highest in the Seaview Celtic penalty area to get his head on the end of an Eoin Walsh free kick and it looked for a while that this was going to be the match winner.

But Celtic wouldn’t give in and in the third minute of second half injury time, Eamon Murphy outpaced the Kilmacthomas defence following a great pass from Joe Kett and with keeper Power charging from his goal, the centre forward lobbed the ball over the head of the keeper.

It was an amazing finale to the tie as Kilmacthomas had the cup snatched from their grasps with literally the last kick but they got off to a flyer in extra-time and regained the lead two minutes in thanks to a well-taken goal from Eoin Walsh, who got on the end of a Evan Joy pass to give keeper Chris Breheny little chance with an edge of the area effort.

More goals

It got even better for the boys from Kilmacthomas on 87 minutes when Seaview netminder Chris Breheny mistakenly took an offside flag from the assistant referee but the whistle never sounded as the keeper had the ball in his hands.

After placing the ball to the turf, Evan Joy nipped in to put the ball in the net and it left referee Paul O’Keeffe with no option but to award the goal. The result was made safe when Kealon Kiersey completed his hat-trick in the final minute of first half extra-time.

But still Seaview Celtic, under the management of Derek O’Brien, wouldn’t lie down and they grabbed a third goal in the 92nd minute when Briany Dunbar set up Eamon Murphy for his second goal as the centre forward tucked a beautiful right-footed strike past a helpless Dylan Power.

Kilmacthomas: Dylan Power, Paul Weldon, David Sutton, Niall Power, Jay Hurton, Aaron Fanning, Kealon Kiersey, Eoin Walsh, David Hallihan, Calvin Dee, Evan Joy, Paul Keating, TJ Fitzgerald, Jamie Walsh, Shane Power and Eoin Mullinduff.

Seaview Celtic: Chris Breheny, Cormac Walsh, John Tobin, Aidan Curran, Conor Byrne, Bill Gaule, Eoin Nolan, Joe Kett, Briany Dunbar, Eamon Murphy, Sean O’Farrell-Power, Sean Cheasty, Jim Power, John Harris, David Power, Damien Byrnes and Hugh Breheny

Referee: Paul O’Keeffe.