Hat-trick hero Ross Fitzpatrick (No 8) being congratulated by team-mate Andrew Phelan.  	       | Photos: Jim O'Sullivan

Hat-trick hero Ross Fitzpatrick (No 8) being congratulated by team-mate Andrew Phelan. | Photos: Jim O'Sullivan

Bohemians 10;  Cahir Park (Tipp) 0

■□■ View More Photos

Brilliant Bohemians just had to much fire power for Cahir Park in Ben Wadding Park on Saturday last. Bohs now advance to round three of the Under-13 National Cup and after this magnificent display and this young side could go a long way in this competition. The Waterford team were on top in every area of the field but it was up front that they really proved their worth.
Ross Fitzpatrick was a star for Bohs as he hit a seven minute hat-trick in the first half and then Thomas Martin and Des Hutchinson both pitched with two goals apiece. Bohemians have for many years produced excellent young players and going on this display there is no sign of a talent famine at any time in the near future. It would be foolish to begin praising this group of youngsters too highly at this stage but all they can do is beat what is put in front of them and that is exactly what they did on Saturday last – and how!
Fitzpatrick flurry
The game was only two minutes old when Bohs went close as Andrew Phelan shot over the bar from close range after a goalmouth scramble. Three minutes later Phelan raced into the box before slamming a 20-yard right-foot drive against the crossbar as Bohs started on fire.
Ross Fitzpatrick opened the scoring for Bohs on 11 minutes as he dribbled past two Cahir defenders before shooting beyond Wojtek Cymery with a well-placed right-foot shot. Two minutes later Fitzpatrick struck again. The attack started down the left when Mark Smyth played a clever ball out wide to Des Hutchinson who crossed into the box. The ball was headed clear by Cahir defender James Walsh but Fitzpatrick was lurking on the edge of the box and he hit a stunning left-foot volley that flew into the roof of the net.
Fitzpatrick then completed his hat-trick on 20 minutes, this time a pass from Andrew Phelan released Cathal Walsh down the left and his pin point cross was met by the in rushing Fitzpatrick and his bullet header flew past the bewildered Cymery and into the far corner of the net. Bohs were cruising at this stage as Cahir Park offered very little in attack but on 22 minutes Bohs keeper Shane Ryan was called into action as he saved well at the foot of the post after Kevin Griffin tested him with a well-struck shot.
Two minutes from half-time Bohs made it four-nil. Fitzpatrick did the spade work as he outstripped the Cahir defence and crossed deep to the far post. The ball beat everybody but up popped Des Hutchinson to volley home in off the upright.
See The Munster Express newspaper for full story.