Crystal\'s Mitchell Casey winning out in this aeriel battle.

Crystal's Mitchell Casey winning out in this aeriel battle.

[View photos]

Waterford Crystal 2; Togher Celtic 0

Andrew Power scored one of the best goals seen in Ozier Park for many a long day on Sunday afternoon. His stunning volley from outside the penalty area was the main highlight of a game that Waterford Crystal dominated all through.

In fairness the Co Cork side did try to make a game of it in the second half but in truth they were always playing second fiddle to a very classy Crystal outfit who will now play Cork City in the decider next month.

This current Waterford Crystal side are extremely strong and with a little bit of luck they can win the Munster Youth Cup.

What a strike!

Dean Crowley went down the left win after 5 minutes and sent over a low cross which was aimed at Shane Rochford but the striker lifted his head and the ball rolled under his feet in front of goal. Dean Crowley then headed straight at the Togher Celtic goalkeeper after he had met a throw-in taken by Mitchel Casey.

Crowley was enjoying a purple patch at this stage and on 10 minutes he picked out Shane Rochford from the left but Rochford knocked the ball wide.

The superb opening goal arrived on 16 minutes. Liam Coady delivered a cross from the left over to Andrew Power who was moving in from the left and he let fly with is left foot from 25 yards without breaking his run. The ball nestled in the roof of the net with the helpless goalkeeper Mick O’Callaghan a mere spectator. Brilliant, simply brilliant!

Crystal continued to press forward and when Gavin Roche sent over a corner-kick on 25 minutes Mitchel Casey was just wide with a header at the far post.

Gavin Roche then sent over another corner from the right 3 minutes later and on this occasion Andrew Power rattled the crossbar. The same player was just over on 35 minutes with another excellent shot on the run from distance.

The Waterford side did increase their advantage on 42 minutes. Dean Crowley passed to Rochford and although he was faced by three defenders Shane still managed to tuck the ball to the net from just inside the penalty area.

Missed chance

Just before the interval Liam Coady had a glorious chance to make it 3-0 when he found himself in front of goal with only the goalkeeper to beat but he hesitated and defender Aidan Hurley was allowed clear the danger.

Dean Crowley struck the upright on 49 minutes after good work by Gavin Roche. Andrew Power crossed from the right on 73 minutes but when Gavin Roche met the ball his effort was taken off the goal-line by Aidan Hurley.

Togher Celtic were unlucky not to score 12 minutes from full time when a header by Brian O’Sullivan came back off the crossbar and when the ball rebounded to Dave Collins he struck the upright with a header.

That extraordinary incident proved it was not going to be the visitors’ day and it was Waterford Crystal who were left to dream about a Munster Cup final date next month.

Waterford Crystal: Ian Daly, Kevin Gahan, Craig Gailbert, Jason Foran, Mitchel Casey, Liam Coady, Gavin Roche, Davin Phelan, Dean Crowley, Shane Rochford, Andrew Power. Subs.: Adam Forsey for Rochford (71 mins), Roy Power for Andrew Power (85 mins), Darren Flanahan for Crowley (89 mins).

Togher Celtic: Mike O’Callaghan, Sean Crowley, Brian McCarthy, Conor Doyle, Barry O’Donovan, Tom Collins, Brian O’Sullivan, Adrian Hurley, Dave Collins, Finatan Collins, Micchael Masters. Sub.: Finbar Dromey for O’Donovan (68 mins).

Referee: John Lyons (Tipperary).