Though the European Cup has barely had a second rub of Brasso applied since its return to the province, the Munster Rugby Supporters Club is opening associate membership for the 2008/09 season.
The opening of the redeveloped Thomond Park, the 30th anniversary of the iconic victory over the All Blacks and the defence of the ERC will form an eventful start to the new season.
And with more spectator space than ever available at the home of the European champions, the MRSC is keen to advocate the benefits of associate membership.
For €30, associate members receive a host of benefits, including:
* Magners Celtic League Season Tickets at discounted prices (subject to availability)
* A place on the waiting list for full membership which has the benefit of entitlement to purchase tickets for home ERC matches
* Priority over public sale for Heineken Cup tickets for away pool games and play-off stages
* Attendance, should you wish, organised by the MRSC at functions including ‘Question & Answer’ evenings with the players, along with pre-match functions
For more details, log onto www.munsterrugbysupporters.com Membership closes on July 6th.
Meanwhile, author Emer Lovett is the latest in a line of recent scribes to throw her hat into the Munster rugby writing club.
Emer recently contacted The Munster Express, hoping to ring a few readers’ bells when it comes to the lengths that many have gone to when it comes to following the mighty men all around the continent.
Such humour-filled tales will form the basis for a book which will be published later this year.
“Munster fans are the most creative and determined force known to man,” declared Emer.
“Nothing stands in their way – not a scarcity of tickets, lack of transport options or accommodation. Somehow Munster fans make the impossible possible”.
She continued: “Everyone who follows Munster has a story to tell and we’re keen to hear from people of all ages who have gone to extraordinary lengths to get tickets or to travel to a match.
The funnier and crazier the adventure the better!”
Should readers wish to contact Emer and be in with the chance of gaining immortality in print, call the author at 086 8238807 or email stories and photos to email@example.com
* Just got my hands on a copy of the DVD commemorating Munster’s latest European Cup victory. It’ll be reviewed here next week.