, now that the Enterprise Europe Network to which it is affiliated has established itself in the United States.
Following the launch of the EU-US Network in Washington last September, European companies can now avail of American business support delivered to their door step – and vice versa.
Waterford Chamber hopes the link-up can assist the regional economy in terms of promotion and establishing Waterford and the south east as a good place for US firms to do business.
The network aims to “enhance transatlantic trade and encourage transfers of innovative ideas and technology” say its backers, “by enabling European companies and research institutions to establish links with their American counterparts”.
The ‘US-EU Match network’ is to link up with the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), which was launched by the European Commission back in February.
In the intervening months, the network has established links with almost 600 partner organisations in more than 40 countries.
The EEN aims to assist small and medium-sized businesses, research centres and universities, by putting them in contact with organisations that can help their enterprises to develop.
“By creating a network in the United States and linking it to the Enterprise Europe Network, we will significantly enhance transatlantic innovation and trade initiatives,” according to Angelos Pangratis, Deputy Head of the Delegation of the European Commission to the United States.
The US-EU Match network will provide companies and research institutes with a range of services, such as:
• Information on opportunities such as research calls for proposals, technology requests and partner searches
• Organising meetings to provide a forum for US businesses and researchers to meet European counterparts
• Information and training workshops on the application process for European calls and research grants, and the
preparation of technology
offers and requests
• Network website (web forum, contact database, polls), and the
• Organisation of on-demand support responding to client needs.
More details on the US-EU network can be obtained at www.us-eu-matchcom while for more on your local Enterprise Europe Network, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 051-311138.