“]Tramore’s John Heffernan clearing under pressure from Bohs’ Mark O’Keeffe. Photos: Jim O’Sullivan
<strong> </strong><font color=\[View photos]
“/>Bohemians 5, Tramore 2
 [View photos]
Bohemians recorded a vital win in the Property Partners U-14A League last Saturday week when they got the better of Tramore at Ben Wadding Park thanks to an impressive second-half performance.
While the seaside outfit were missing a number of players, they failed to really live with the home side after their bright start and it came as no real surprise that they were to end up on the end of the above scoreline.

It took a bit of time for this game to get going and a strong breeze didn’t help matters but it didn’t stop both sides trying to play football and although it was a rather subdued contest, the home side will be delighted with the result.

After goalkeeper Daniel Connolly was quick off his line to deny visiting centre forward Robbie Bourke following a Eamon Power pass, Bohemians took over and looked in control. Mark O’Keeffe went close to giving the home side the lead on 13 minutes when he got on the end of a Richie Walsh corner kick but he fired a right-footed effort over the crossbar.

Jamie Sage set up Chris Kervick on 21 minutes, but he was denied by a fine Killian Byrne save.Kevin Barry went really close to giving Bohs the lead less than four minutes later but the central defender saw his decent effort come crash back off the bar.

However, the home side went in front on 28 minutes. Richie Walsh got free down the left-wing and after panic in the Tramore back line, Chris Kervick was on hand to hammer a fine right-footed strike past the helpless visiting keeper. O’Keeffe brought the best out of Byrne on the stroke of the half-time whistle when he latched onto a Luke Browne pass but the keeper did superbly well to turn the ball around the posts.

It got better for the home side with just two minutes played in the second period when a Richie Walsh right-wing corner kick wasn’t dealt with by Tramore and Mark O’Keeffe finally got his goal with an easy finish. It went from bad to worse for the visitors on 53 minutes when Killian Byrne failed to handle an effort from Chris Kervick and it was left to Richie Walsh to tap home to an empty net from close range.

Tramore were denied by a stunning save from keeper Daniel Connolly on 58 minutes when he did brilliantly to save from his namesake Evan Connolly. From the resulting corner kick Bohs were awarded a penalty, which Connolly successful converted.

Shortly afterwards, the Red & Blacks regained their three goal lead when Kevin Barry got his head on the end of a Walsh corner and keeper Byrne couldn’t stop the ball from ending up in the net.

But Tramore failed to give in and a screamer from all of 35 yards from Eamonn Power – a cracking left-footed effort that give keeper Connolly no chance whatsoever – gave them something to play for. However, Craig Connolly completed the scoring for Bohs in the dying minutes after a Jamie Sage pass.

BOHEMIANS: Daniel Connolly, Luke Browne, Tim O’Sullivan, Kevin Barry, Conor Morrissey, Jason Keane, Jamie Sage, Chris Kervick, Richie Walsh, Mark O’Keeffe, Craig Connolly, Conor McArdle, Sean Purcell, Chris Grant and Dale Byrnes

TRAMORE: Killian Burns, Harry Walsh, John Heffernan, Evan Connolly, Eoin Kiely, Barry Arnold, Shane McNulty, Conor McGough, Yanich Jordan, Robbie Bourke, Eamonn Power, Dylan Knox, Adam Dunne and Stephen Coffey

Referee: Gary Morahan